Why most people are afraid to dream big? Because they are scared – ‘what if I dream big but fail to achieve that?’. Why most people are settling for a life less than what they deserve? Because they are afraid to encounter the inevitable failures that actually are the stepping-stones towards their best lives – their success. Let me introduce a person to you today, who’ll not only inspire you to dream big, but also will give you the courage to handle failure with a smile. Sandeep Kedia – the guy who started as an Entrepreneur at the tender age of 17, inspired millions (including me), touched pinnacle of success; but most importantly he handled failure with equal grace. I met this guy more than 5 years back. We worked in the same mission. I learned a lot from him. I don’t know exactly when he became a great friend of mine. Long wanted to share his story. Luckily he agreed to share his experience with you today. So let me just hand over it to him.
Hi! Sandeep Kedia Here!
Hi! I am Sandeep here… ya ya ya… new guy in Sourav’s town 😛 and I am glad to be here, thanks to Sourav for giving me an opportunity to express myself to you through #IconsAround series and thanks to you for reading. I am sure you will get more out of every single precious micro-second you spend reading what I have to share with you.
I am just 25, and to be honest, Life has been really kind to me. Ohhhh! Does that mean it was all fairy tale? Oops! I must say, you are in for surprise!
Failures I’ve Encountered
Well, ‘life has been really kind’ doesn’t mean
- I have never been homeless (I have been once!),
- My name has never been cut-off from school register (once, because of non-payment of fees),
- I have never worked as a child labor (at the age of 7 I did),
- I have always been a topper of class (never, I mean only once in my 20 yrs of academic career),
- I cracked IITJEE (Oh! I missed it for one marks in Chemistry),
- I have not been bullied by friends (I was the matter of laugh for all in my schools),
- I always got the score I wanted (scored only 88% instead of targeted 95% in my 10th),
- My friends and family supported me in what I did (well to be precise, till date, NEVER),
- I succeeded in my business venture as soon as I started (in 1st 18 months, I made 1/10th of what I had spent!),
- I got the car which I wanted (well, they said I am not good enough to take a Ford Fiesta and cancelled it),
- I achieved my targets always (to be precise, NEVER),
- The girl whom I loved also loved me (she couldn’t)
- Once my business started growing, it kept going well (it actually crashed from a 30 crore in a year business to ….)
- The wealth which I had kept creating always stayed with me (Well, I became broke again. Thank you!) on and on and on……
By NOW, you must be wondering, if Sourav is nuts to give me an opportunity to write here. I mean why in the world would Sourav want someone like me, who has failed at everything in life, to write here to his esteemed friends?
Let me tell you, he is NO nuts, neither am I. In-fact I am proud of myself and so is he. He wanted me to write to you because, I NEVER GAVE UP.
Everytime I FELL DOWN (which is too many), I was blessed to RISE UP AGAIN with MORE INTENSITY, MORE CLARITY, MORE COMMITMENT and yeah, A BIGGER DREAM, and guess what, THE RESULTS DID FOLLOW!
I am glad that I had a journey of failures and every failure did teach me precious lessons and because of which I am where I am today and I am proud of it. And what is coming NOW is something which has never existed in the world,
They say, “Fall down seven times, but rise up eight times!”
How Every Failures Brought Me Seeds of Opportunities
I would humbly like to share how all of the failures listed above precisely worked for me and where it has brought me today and where it is taking me in the future,
- I know what it feels like to have nothing, so I have compassion for those who don’t have enough.
- I envision, and also working towards, and to a minute extent, have started creating a world where there is always going to be more-than-enough for everyone.
- I understood that A4 size sheet (our academic results) doesn’t define our future and only a few can succeed there. Hence, I discovered for myself and helped others to discover their own passion, so that Everybody can succeed.
- I got to study in NIT Trichy, one of the top 10 Engineering colleges in India.
- I am privileged to be working with an esteemed company in the most beautiful business model, Network Marketing.
- I have been blessed to travel across India and inspired close to 2.5 million people directly and indirectly through my meetings, seminars and conventions.
- I owned a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT, which is way more expensive than a Ford Fiesta, which I wasn’t allowed to buy.
- I made many millions in the same venture in which I had miserably failed in 1st 18 months.
- People say that I inspired people from all nook and corners in the country and even abroad.
- Many entrepreneurs today claim that the reason they are able to build successful business is because they once met me and got inspired.
- I got loved again with more depth than I have ever been loved!
- I learned the value of health, relationship, money and many things more deeply.
- I became more humble and more of a Student of Life everyday, seeing God in everyone..
I am right now working on creating a ‘social entrepreneurship, media and Life & Business Coaching’ model which will establish into a business conglomerate, “Life Reloaded”. With your blessings, through this model, I intend to change the life of 7 billion people on this planet for all the good reasons. Its purpose is –
One World – one family. All sorts of material and spiritual abundance for everyone on the planet. And lots more …
My Dreams got shattered, My Dreams got Under-accomplished, My Dreams got Over-accomplished too. But, One thing is Common in All Cases – I Never Stopped Dreaming.
Infact I kept dreaming bigger, became more committed, more determined, I loved more deeply. I never stopped walking, I kept walking..
Infact, I kept walking faster to rise higher.
Bragging is Not the Purpose of Sharing All These
After sharing all these, I humbly want to tell you that I didn’t wanted to write this to brag about myself or to praise myself or anything at all. I have nothing special in me. ME & YOU are entirely same, the same particle of Universe. The SOUL which is there in you is similar to what exists in me.
All of this could happen and keep on happening is because:
- My soul is on fire always,
- The believe in God which my parents and mentors have instilled in me,
- And Love which my family and friends and people like you, keep blessing me with.
If it can happen with me, it can happen with you too. You are made of the SOUL too and as they say –
“There is nothing more powerful than a human soul which is on Fire!”
This fire is not just in someone special, this fire is there within each and every one of us.
If you are asking, ‘how do I ignite that fire in me?‘, then again I will say, it is already there and always been ignited since you are BORN!
Then what do we do???
Let the fire do its job, ALLOW!
Trust your intuition. Trust God. Trust the Power within. Trust yourself.
LOVE.LOVE.LOVE. And everytime you are hated, LOVE with little more intensity, carrying all your broken pieces together.
NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
If after all that which today’s human beings are doing, God is still sending a New ONE on Earth every moment, that means, God has NOT given up on you. If HE hadn’t given up on you, then HOW can you give up on HIM?
Hence I will repeat, once again,
Dreams get shattered, under-accomplished, accomplished, over-accomplished. So What, Dream again! DREAM BIGGER! DREAM BETTER! BELIEVE DEEPER! WORK HARDER! ACHIEVE BETTER!
Thank you once again for taking out your precious time to read my thoughts, I hope it left you a little better than it found you. If in case it did, kindly share it with your friends and family because Mother Teresa said,
“The greatest disease in the World today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for. We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread but there are many more dying for a little love. The poverty in the West is a different kind of poverty — it is not only a poverty of loneliness but also of spirituality. There’s a hunger for love, as there is a hunger for God.”
Sharing this post to your near and dear ones will eventually make them feel loved and empowered and blessed, you will be blessed too. Thank you!