Hi! I am sure when you are reading this it’s 2014! A brand new year! You are a real sweetheart if you are reading this on 1st Jan! It means a lot to me that you are visiting my blog on 1st day of 2014. Happy New year! May this year be full of success & happiness for you and your family. May this year be the best year of your life yet! I am not finished yet just by wishing you, I am going to give you some practical ready-to-implement tips, that can help you to design 2014 as your best year yet! Yes, success is never an accident or luck. I’ll show you the road-map, provide you the tools, but you have to take the steps! So keep reading and take notes.
Here are some tips for your mind, health, relationship, career & money and even technology,internet & social media that can help you to rock 2014!
- Start your day early. Waking up at 5 am will develop your mental strength+ extra time will help you to avoid rushing, hence you’ll have peace of mind.
- Start and end your day with something positive. ( Inspiring book/ audio/ video e.g. “Meditations to Heal Your Life” by Louise L. Hay)
- Avoid TV/ Computer/ disturbing phone calls/ alcohol/ nicotine/ tobacco/ arguments… anything negative before sleep.
- Write the ‘To-do list’ for tomorrow before sleep, you’ll sleep peacefully.
- Listen to your favorite music often.
- Meditate daily. You don’t need complicated rituals. Just sit in relaxed position and stay silent for a while. Let the thoughts roam freely. Then try to free your mind from any kind of thoughts. You can focus on your breathing.
- Stop judging people and experiences as good or bad.
- Trust more in life. Whatever happens happens for good.
- Whenever you are in trouble, remember you have been through worse. This too shall pass soon.
- Think, talk, write about what you want or like; avoid thinking, talking or writing about things you don’t want or like.
- Study and Practice Law of Attraction. ( Watch The Secret, read “Law of Attraction” by Esther & Jerry Hicks: Flipkart Amazon)
- Practice controlling your reactions. Yes you can. Nobody can make you angry if you refuse to be, neither anyone can hurt you without your permission.
- Read You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay. ( Flipkart Amazon) You’ll fall in love with yourself. You’ll be happier than ever. You’ll heal yourself from all the deep buried wounds.
- Write your Blessing List (things you have in your life that you are/should be grateful for ) often.
- Practice letting go.
- Submerge your ego.
- Forgive. Not to be great or to do a favor. To free yourself from the baggage you are carrying.
- “You have to first decide what you want. Next you have to believe it’s possible and that you deserve it. Then you must focus on it by thinking about it and visualizing it as if it were already yours. And finally, you have to be willing to pay the price with disciplined effort and perseverance over time.” from Success Principles by Jack Canfield. (Flipkart Amazon)
- Exercise/ workout/ run/ walk/ swim/ dance/ … (anything that moves your body, help you sweat). Do it even if you don’t feel like doing it.
- Drink lots of water.
- Avoid empty stomach ( can lead to ulcer). Eat small meals at regular intervals.
- Pick fruits or something healthy instead of fast food when you are hungry, fruit juice instead of cold drinks when you are thirsty.
- Healthy body is result of a healthy mind. Do you know most of the diseases ( if not all) results from anger, guilt, resentment, fear and other negative emotions. Read Heal Your Body by Louise Hay. (Flipkart Amazon)
- No accident or physical disability can stop you from living your best life. Meet Janine Shepherd (broken most body bones in truck accident), Nic Vujicic (all four limbs absent), Bethany Hamilton (left arm was bitten off by Shark).
- Health is wealth. (Ya cliché, but true). Would you prefer to be the Billionaire-lying-in-hospital?
- Read 51 Relationship Lessons I’ve written a while ago.
- Read “Men Are From Mars. Women Are From Venus” by John Gray. ( Flipkart Amazon)
- Stop finding faults. Appreciate more. Be a bad critic and great admirer.
- Expect less from others.
- Say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ more often.
- It’s cool to be kind. Be the kindest person you know.
- You are average of 5 people you spend your most time with. Choose these 5 people carefully.
Career & Money
- Do what you love. Learn how to make money doing what you love. (Contact me)
- Incase the first one is too tough for you, atleast love what you do.
- Get educated financially. Learn how money works. Trust me, most of the things you are taught about money from childhood are lies. Read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki (Flipkart Amazon).
- Do you know that wealth is a state of mind? If you want to be rich, first you have to change your thinking. Read the classic- Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (Flipkart Amazon), The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles ( Flipkart Amazon), Secrets of Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker (Flipkart Amazon)
- Pay yourself first. From your earning first set aside 10% as savings. Preferably to an account you can’t spend easily from.
- Buy more assets (things that will give you money in future like a real estate to sell or rent), less liabilities (things that will cost you money in future like a house to live).
- Your value is directly proportional to the value you add to the marketplace. So if you want to be paid more, then be more. Never stop improving.
- Remember this- “You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want,” Zig Ziglar.
- If spending more time with your family is as much important as making money for you, then start a Home Based Business.
- Just to let you know, your earning need not to be limited.
- If you are in Business, if you want to make money, focus on money making activities. Avoid distraction.
- To run a world class business, you need a world class team.
- No matter whether you are an Employee or Entrepreneur, build your own personal brand. (Ask me how)
Technology, Internet & Social Media
- Use technology to improve your life, not to destroy your life. Remember to be human.
- Learn how to use technology to live your best life. ( Contact me)
- 12,134 unread mails? Use Unroll.me to simplify your email inbox.
- Don’t you wish to kill your computer or yourself when you lose everything you typed in a Web-form for some reason? Use Lazarus to save yourself from retyping again.
- Use Evernote as a backup of your brain. Write daily journal (your secret is safe), save webpages/ photos/ links/ pdfs you liked, use from PC/Mac/Browser/Smartphone/Tablet. First step to your Paperless living ( save trees, do a favor to the Environment).
- Use HootSuite to post and manage Twitter, Facebook (Profile+Pages+Groups), LinkedIn, Google Plus Pages etc from a single page.
- Use E.gg Timer to stay focused giving yourself a dead line while working online.
- Be productive measuring where you are spending time online and offline using Rescue Time.
- Don’t check Mails, Likes, Comments, Tweets, Chats every 5 minutes. Get a life! Set a time ( or few time intervals) for these.
- Stop worrying about remembering all the login details of so many sites you are using. Use LastPass.
- Don’t torture your brain trying to remember important dates. Use Mobile calendars. Set reminders.
- Please keep your Facebook timeline clean from irrelevant tags from people. Keep Tag Review Enabled.
- Social Media is waste of time (only for those who don’t know how to use it properly and also not willing to learn).
- Use online banking, shopping, bill paying to save transportation time. Make sure you know the safe practices.
- Follow your heart, even if you feel whole world is against you. You are not alone my friend, just start walking, you’ll find companions, teachers, role models. Read Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. (Flipkart Amazon).
- Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
- Your academic qualification doesn’t determine your probability of success.
- Dare to dream big. Size of your success is always proportional to size of your dreams.
- Some inspiring movies to watch in 2014 (if you haven’t already)-Check the comments.
- Keep an eye on Live Your Best Life Newsletter. Subscribe if haven’t already. Add ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to your Email contact list so that it doesn’t end up in your spam folder.
I hope you’ll find these tips useful. Let me know what you think. And don’t forget to share with me what’s your resolution for 2014.